The Centre for Sustainability and Economic Growth (CSEG) is an experienced VET organization, a non-profit association, which aims to stimulate the sustainable economic development at local and regional level in various sectors like industry, education, tourism, energy, civil society, etc.
The organization represents a body governed by public law, established under the Bulgarian Act for non-profit legal entities. The Association was established by an initiative of several Bulgarian local authorities from the South Central region of Bulgaria and branch organizations from different sectors with the purpose to support development of policies, initiatives and projects in the area of:
- Protection of environment, and water;
- Circular economy promotion with the purpose to larger deploy the model at local and regional level;
- Climate change issues;
- To increase energy efficiency in public and private sectors;
- Transfer of good EU practices and development of sustainable policies at local and regional level;
- To foster the production of local sustainable RES energy;
- To perform training, dissemination, and awareness raising campaigns in different fields which can contribute for sustainable development at local/regional level;
- Development, management, and implementation of projects funded by different EU Programmes
As of October 2020, Association CSEG became an official member of the Regional Development Council of South Central Planning Region (NUTS 2 region) in Bulgaria – the body is responsible for selection of strategic initiatives and projects at NUTS 2 level, which will be funded by the European structural and investment funds (ESIF).
CSEG participates in the development and improvement of the regulatory framework at local/regional level, prepares analyses, studies and expert evaluations in the field of environmental and industrial issues, tax and social policy, energy efficiency and renewable energy sources. It performs training activities in the field of climate change issues, energy efficiency, renewable energy sources (RES), environmental protection, sustainable mobility, open educational resources (OER) WEB 2.0, and other fields of activities.
Among main priorities of CSEG are: training of municipal staff, teachers, students from schools, mentors, SMEs managers and staff, capacity building on different topics, etc.
Together with the training activities, CSEG participates also in different EU projects and initiatives, and carries out specific awareness raising campaigns within them; it organizes workshops, seminars and conferences on the above mentioned topics, carries out communication and dissemination activities.